Moving Month Kick-Off Event
May marks the beginning of the busiest moving season for Texans. It is also a time when unscrupulous and unlicensed operators are most likely to take advantage of consumers.
Recognition of National Moving Month is an opportunity to educate Texans on the importance of hiring a trustworthy mover.
Convening in San Antonio at the Scobey Moving and Storage facilities, actively involved agencies spoke to the importance of consumers educating themselves about the mover they plan to hire.
• Chad Miller, Chairman, Southwest Movers Association, (SMA) headquartered in Austin.
• Whitney Brewster, Executive Director, Texas Department of Motor Vehicles, (TxDMV) Austin
• Scott Michael, President and CEO, American Moving and Storage Association, (AMSA) Virginia
• Carrie A. Hurt, President and CEO, BBB of Central, Coastal, Southwest Texas and the Permian Basin (BBB)
Participating mover members of SMA demonstrated furniture wrapping and other proper moving techniques. Informational tables offered brochures and flyers with contact information and links to these agencies to encourage consumers to check out their mover first.
• Southwest Movers Association, www.mytexasmover.com
• BBB, www.bbb.org/central-texas
• Texas Department of Motor Vehicles, www.TxDMV.gov
• American Moving and Storage Association, www.moving.org
For more information, please contact:
Director of Operations
Southwest Movers Association
Choose a Professional Mover
(800) 759-2305 x103